Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The bomb test is cancelled

The largest bomb blast in history, code named Divine Strake, has been indefinitely postponed by the U.S. government. Let's all thank each other for the noise and stink raised about this dangerously stupid military folly. It also brought a lot citizen groups together on a vital issue of public health and safety. I ask again, would a private citizen or company ever be allowed, by this same government, to pollute the atmosphere in such a signifigant way?

Alas, I won't have to flee to Mexico as previously planned, so Bonnie I'm afraid that the tequila and olives you requested will just have to wait, for now. I'm happy now that I can go down there when the weather will be a little cooler.

http://www.klastv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4955511

3 comments:

David Gillman said...

I'm happy for you, and for your lungs.

Would the gov't let a company pollute the air like that? Heck, yeah. Maybe not all at once, but over time.

DG

beamis said...

You're a very clever boy.

David Gillman said...

??