Friday, October 13, 2006

Florida road trip

On the road again
I feel blessed to have been able to make a transcontinental journey two years in a row. Last year's Maryland to Utah adventure was fun and so was my recent move to Florida from Utah. As usual we toured as much as possible, seeing the sights in the early part of the day, and making up the big miles through the early evening. I'm pleased to say that we live in a big beautiful friendly country that is just as quirky and eccentric now as it was when I embarked on my very first cross-country trek way back in 1979.

The photos end in Louisiana. The conclusion of the trip, along the Gulf coast, will be shared in another blog in the not too distant future. Remember: you can click on each one to enlarge.


Fall color in Dixie National Forest, Utah


Splendor of Zion N.P., Utah


Meteor Crater, Arizona


Holbrook, Arizona


Petrified Forest, Arizona


Connie gets a closeup


Badlands of the Petrified Forest


Ancient kiva in the Zuni country of New Mexico


Bandera volcanic crater, New Mexico


Prairie paradise


Cadillac Ranch, Texas


Red River, Oklahoma-Texas (left to right bank)


An East Texas welcome


Interstate through Cajun country


Mississippi River crossing at Baton Rouge, LA

2 comments:

Devastatin' Dave said...

Beamis,

Looks like you had a good road trip to Florida. I'm glad that you and Connie made it there safely. I'm finding this post nostalgic, because I miss my truck and the ability to road trip. America is a great place for that.

beamis said...

Yes it's a great place that our government has not yet been able to ruin, try as they might.