Tuesday, August 08, 2006

What style is it?

Whenever I tell my friend Bob about any new barbeque joints I've visited lately he always gets very excited and asks loudly: "What style WAS it?". He is very particular about categorizing the techniques, type of hardwood used in smoking and the various kinds of sauces flavoring the meat. He is a barbeque scientist. Is it Carolina style with slaw on top or a smoky Alabama vinegar based sauce soaking those delectable strands of pulled pork? Bob wants to know!

The Starlight Grill located in Florala, Alabama was quite good and I would reccomend it to anyone traveling south on their way to the beach along U.S. 331. As I mentioned in an earlier blog post definitely avoid the corn on the cob.


Bob-----it's Alabama style!


Pulled pork platter




345 feet!


Eating along the shores of Choctawhatchee Bay.

No comments: