Friday, August 04, 2006

Sooner than I thought

Utah below
I had mentioned in an earlier blog that I would be moving to the Sunshine State sometime in the fall, but have moved it up to September 16th (still summer). Several obligations have been erased including my employment with the Bit & Spur which will now terminate at the end of August instead of October. (Thanks you guys, it has been a great run with lots of laughs and fond memories.)
My last interpretive production as a local naturalist will be given at the Desert Pearl on September 10th. Be there or be square.

I'm pretty excited about this trip, with Connie as co-pilot, because the route I picked out for the shortest journey was exactly the same when I checked on Mapquest.com. Am I good or what?

First we'll drop down to I-40 at Flagstaff and travel east for 610 miles, over the Continental Divide and across the High Plains, to Amarillo (home of the Cadillac Ranch and the free, if you can eat it in an hour, 72 oz. steak at the Big Texan Steak Ranch). From here (burp!) we'll head southeasterly on U.S. 287 for the 300 mile journey to Dallas. After a quick sightseeing excursion to Dealey Plaza, it's on to I-20 for the next 150 miles to Shreveport (home of the Louisiana Hayride) where we'll take our last great plunge southward on I-49 to Alexandria, LA (200 miles) and join up with I-10 (the Santa Monica Freeway) eastward for the last leg home to Santa Rosa Beach.

Total Est. Time:
31 hours, 30 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 2056.01 miles

YEEEEE-HAAAAH!

Welcome home

No comments: