Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Travels in Tennessee



We spent last week visiting relatives in Tennessee and Kentucky. In amongst the socializing and family gatherings we also managed to experience a wide array of nifty places. As a result I have decided to split the trip into two separate blog posts, one for each state visited.

I've included two shots I took from the airplane looking down on Florida which I think y'all will appreciate. (Click on the ones you want to see in more detail.)

I'll post the Kentucky leg of the journey later this week.

St. Johns River and tributaries
Volusia County, Florida



Downtown Jacksonville, Florida


Tennessee River from Signal Mountain, TN


World famous onion rings at Nikki's Drive-Inn
Chattanooga, TN


Dry Pond Lead Trail in the Little Frog Wilderness


Inside the Texaco station
Cowan, TN


The Parthenon in Centennial Park
Nashville, TN


Railroad tracks climbing the Cumberland Plateau
Franklin County, TN

No comments: