Sunday, January 14, 2007

Heavenly Skies

My wife likes to get up early and witness something that I rarely ever get to see----the sunrise. She also does this while running, something that many of you know that I only do when being chased by wildlife or ghastly ghouls whilst dreaming. We recently bought a nifty digital camera so that she can now take pictures of the dawn's early light for me to experience later as I become semi-conscious in the awakening steam of freshly brewed coffee.

It's well before I'm awake!

This morning there was excitement about the shots she had taken of the dazzling display put on by Mother Nature here along the Emerald Coast of Florida. I must say that Cecil B. DeMille couldn't have asked for more heavenly looking shafts of light descending from the early morning stratus clouds that delicately hovered above the Gulf of Mexico.


Heavenly light bathes the neighborhood.

During breakfast we decided to call Larry, my former neighbor in Cedar Valley, to see how he was coping with the -20 degree readings that they've been experiencing in that neck of the woods. When I phoned, at 7:15 AM Mountain Time, the thermometer at his place read -17! He said that it had been a three-dog night but he only had two on hand to keep him warm.

Later in the morning I received an email from Larry with a picture of the sunrise over the Markagunt Plateau. It was a perfect bookend to the day break shots that Connie had taken here in Florida. All in all a beautiful universe to live in regardless of the temperature and number of dogs needed to stay warm.


The sunrise from Larry's porch.

The Lord hath His way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of His feet.

Nahum 1:3

1 comment:

Devastatin' Dave said...

Connie,

Nice pics. Keep up the good work.

Beamis,

I see you haven't given up the Park Service SP tradition. However, instead of Sleep Premium, you need something tailored to your new surrondings. Maybe the Seaside Paralysis. Something like that. Gotta go now, time for a siesta.