Monday, December 11, 2006

Bike ride on 30A

After enduring the inhumanity of what passes for bitter cold here in Florida----high temperatures in the mid-50's, it is with great relief and pleasure to be back to normal with readings in the mid-70's. With that in mind Connie and I set out for a ride on the bike path which parallels Walton County Highway 30A (the main drag of Florida's Emerald Coast beach towns). We pedaled from our home in Seagrove Beach westward to the town of Grayton Beach, a distance of about 7 miles.

Many of you have inquired about the new place that I call home, so I thought I'd produce a brief picture album from my morning travels to give you a thumbnail sketch. I'll say this: "It is shore is purty here!"


Morning light along the shores of Eastern Lake


Fall colors decorate the woods of Watercolor, Florida.


A lone gull meditates on the seashore of Grayton Beach.


Preparations are being made for the pelican pot luck.


Sign in front of a Grayton Beach home (Springdale take note)


Western Lake


Connie can't figure out why I always need to bring my snake along.

No comments: