Thursday, July 06, 2006

Vacation time

This blog will be going on temporary hiatus as I am taking my summer vacation next week, back home in Dixie, along Florida's beautiful northern Gulf coast. I plan to do many fun things, like eating fresh fish, pink grapefruits, backwoods barbecue (maybe in Alabama) and lots of boiled peanuts.

Since the Sunshine State is really just one large piece of misplaced African limestone I have bought a guidebook on where to fossil hunt and plan to bring home magnificent specimens of prehistoric mammals, reptiles and sharks.

I will be sending some of you postcards from the many alligator farms and snake-i-toriums I plan to visit and promise to bring home salt-water-taffy and sea shells for my desert dwelling friends and neighbors. Happy July ya'll!

No comments: