Sunday, February 03, 2008

The groundhog definitely lives in Pennsylvania



Punxsutawney Phil came out of his heated den yesterday to proclaim that another six weeks of winter are upon us. Well I've got news for everyone: Phil doesn't live anywhere near Florida!

Here I sit on the afternoon following Groundhog Day with a forecast for temperatures to get up to around 85 degrees on each of the next three days and then "cool off " into the upper 70's. It is definitely the first time I've ever run the AC in February!

I'm not sure how to react to July weather on Super Bowl Sunday but since it's here there really ain't much I can do about it except maybe go and soak my head at the neighborhood pool.

Y'all have a Happy Halftime Show.

Our sunny subtropical neighborhood


White ibis cool off in the midday heat


A warm day under the jungle canopy

No comments: