Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Journey to Texas

As promised I am posting some photos of my recent journey to Texas where I worked on a mobile emergency kitchen in the wake of Hurricane Ike. I've chosen the images that I like best from the six rolls of 35mm film that I shot.

The world is a strange and wondrous place and the South is even more so with all of its quirky and colorful eccentricities. Every journey here is an adventure and a revelation. It's an irresistible place to point your camera and click.


Downtown Shubuta, Mississippi


Real Estate Office
Shubuta, MS


New Orleans in the early morning.


Lafayette Cemetery, New Orleans


Toomey, Louisiana


Feeding line in Beaumont, Texas


Fed and happy storm victims


A worn out crew in Beaumont.


Brick wall down in Bridge City, TX


My dream come true---a genuine Texas smoker!

Ribs prepared with love and oak.


David & Nancy take a break
in Galveston, TX


The Fred Hartman Bridge
Hwy. 146 over the Houston Ship Channel



Peanuts
Evergreen, Alabama



Conecuh County, Alabama


Autauga County, Alabama

No comments: